Tuesday, December 18, 2007

{Thinking Positive: Day 17}

DAY SEVENTEEN

1. I am so humbled by the generosity and love from people I don't even know. Someone at Aaron's school put us on a list to be "adopted" by a family. They brought over gifts and a new tree and decorations too. They also brought over food for Christmas dinner. I knew this christmas wasn't going to be like others that we had done but at least we would be together as a family - their kindness made our christmas a special one for sure.

2. I had been wanting a point-n-shoot camera for some time to just take with me when I am out and about with family so I don't accidently break my "biz" camera. Well when I looked thru the gifts to wrap them there was a new point-n-shoot camera w/ a 1 gig memory card.

3. Because we got a new tree I was able to give my old tree to my sister so she wouldn't have to go without a tree this year.

4. We let the kids open a couple presents because they saw them and couldn't go without opening one. They were so happy and excited - just wait until they see the tree Christmas morning...at least I know their christmas will be one to remember.

5. I tried out the new camera and below is a picture taken with the camera on my tripod. I tried it in several modes but found night shot at f/2.8 and 400 ISO (yes I can change the ISO - only from 50 to 400). It's a cute little camera that I can keep in my pocket or purse so that I can ALWAYS have a camera on me!

6. I got to see my mom tonight and chat a bit and I got to see Tanis too and chat with her a bit as well.

7. Finding things to be positive about are getting easier and easier - although the bad stuff is still there it's not the focus of my days.

0 wonderful person(s) commented:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...