Friday, May 20, 2011

{No Bake Cheese Cake}

I just adore I am baker's cheese cake in a jar and I just had to try her recipe for "no bake cheese cake in a jar"  mind you I didn't do cheese cake in a jar but a whole cheese cake and I did modify the recipe just a bit to fit what I had at home.



No Bake Cheese Cake

1 pkg 8oz cream cheese (room temp - or put in microwave for 45 seconds to soften)
1 - 14oz can of sweetened condensed milk
juice from a large whole lemon (you can use as little or as much as you like - start with a little then add more if you want)
1 tsp pure vanilla extract (if you want the cheese cake to be as light as possible use clear vanilla - I had regular and it worked just fine)

Directions: Combine ingredients and mix until smooth and creamy. Add to pie plate lined with graham cracker crust (I used a box of graham cracker crumbs and followed the recipe) and add whatever topping you would like (I used cherry pie filling). Be sure to refrigerate for at least 3 hours, I didn't wait and it was softer then I would have liked but we just couldn't wait for it to set properly. This is a good recipe to do the night before.

Next time I make this I am going to try and make a homemade topping and see about finding some clear vanilla & some vanilla bean, not to mention making my graham cracker crust from scratch and not from a box. As you can tell from the above picture it was hit and there is only a little bit left despite it not being refrigerated 'til firm.

I am going to try and do them in a jar for gifts this summer and I bet that will be a big hit with friends and family.

0 wonderful person(s) commented:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...