Thursday, October 1, 2009

{Ruth's name & Teriyaki Chicken}




I know I wrote on my facebook about Ruth writing her name for the first time. you see we got her a dry erase book for letters and one for numbers that we found at Costco. LOVE THEM!!! and Ruth has been practicing like crazy in them.  I did take a picture of her first time writing her name but am just now getting around to posting it. (I have been feeling icky and hope you will forgive me for being so late in posting).






I found a great recipe for Teriyaki Chicken at Kara's Kitchen Creations alot of the recipes I am going to be trying out this next week are from her website. If you haven't seen her blog your missing out on some good easy recipes. Below is her recipe and let me tell you my husband LOVED it!! and he's not a big fan of most teriyaki sauces.

Teriyaki Chicken ( I made mine to go with some medium grain rice, 1 part rice to 2 parts water)

Ingredients:

1 Tbsp cornstarch
1 Tbsp water
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup soy sauce
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp pepper
12 chicken thighs with skin removed

Directions:

Whisk together all ingredients (except chicken of course), and cook in a saucepan over medium heat till thick and bubbly. Place chicken thighs in a greased 9x13" glass pan. Pour sauce evenly over the chicken. Bake at 400° for 45-60 minutes, turning chicken every 15 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks soo much for the recipe! I will try it out for sure! It's wonderful when they learn to write, I love that stage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute signature! And that chicken looks so good. Yum!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...