Friday, January 7, 2011

{2011 Weigh In: Week 1}

 

It's been a crazy week. I know the last time I posted was the end of December but really didn't start my regiment until after the first of the year. I have been trying to watch what I eat but got derailed (or at least let myself get derailed) after getting upset and then turning to cookie dough for comfort.

Sitting in a hard metal folding chair that is part of a circle filled with other people, soon it's my turn to stand up and I say "Hello, my name is Arya, and I am an emotional eater." and the other people say "Hello Arya."

At least I know I am an emotional eater and knowing is half the battle. Yesterday was the first day I got out and walked. It was finally warm enough to do it. I took MJ and Ruth with me in the sit 'n stand stroller I got from a friend and we walked (or rather I walked and pushed them) down to Albertsons which is 6 blocks away from my house and then walked back. It was nice to get out. I have purchased a balance ball and I have a small set of weights and plan on using them this next week along with working out on the wii and workout videos played on instant via netflix.

This week was a rough start but I know next week will be better. I am only going to put my weight down every week and at the beginning of each new month I will put my measurements. I am also posting on Angie's "Healthy Me" blog on a more frequent basis if you would like to follow me and the others who have taken the "6 inches in 6 months" challenge.

Starting Weight: 276.5 pounds

Week 1 weigh in: 280.5 pounds

weight loss/gain: + 4 pounds

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...