Friday, December 25, 2009

{Christmas Eve - take one}

The day before our family get together on Christmas Eve, the kids decided it would be fun to draw all over Ruth's room in dry erase marker. Of course we didn't see it until it had been dried on for a few hours and because they know writing on the walls is not OK, we decided to take away all their toys & Christmas presents, (they get to open the presents, but have to earn them back with good behavior).  We made them scrub not only the writing off the walls but scrub the whole downstairs (bath, kitchen floor, walls & stairs) and they raked leaves in the back yard. They slept well that night, as you can imagine.

Christmas Eve started off with a nice breakfast of Belgian Waffles. I got to use my new waffle maker, I love it, but realize with my family being as big as it is, I need to get another one. It was so nice to have everyone with us for breakfast, it almost felt like the Holiday's we would have with my Grams.

After breakfast I took a few snaps of the house, ya know, since the furniture is all placed and now there are pictures on the walls, not all of them, but most. The house is starting to look like a home & we are loving it.

The images below are of the upstairs, soon I will get the downstairs photographed, but seeming as how slow I am at doing this, it may be a while.  Enjoy part one of Christmas Eve! Part two will consist of the opening of presents & Part three will consist of Christmas lunch.


Part One: Decorations & view of the upstairs w/furniture.



Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



0 wonderful person(s) commented:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...