I found this recipe on all recipe and over at Taste of Home. The recipe on all recipe even comes with a frosting - which I haven't made but loved the cupcakes and they have become one cupcake I will make over and over again! I changed a few things to suit me & placed those items in parenthesis.
(Image found at Taste of home)
Cinnamon Mocha Cupcakes
yields: 24 cupcakes bake: 350° for 18-20 min
3/4 cup butter, softened
2 cups sugar (I used organic unprocessed "raw" sugar)
1-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2-1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp all purpose flour (I used unbleached flour)
3/4 cup baking cocoa
1-1/2 tsp baking soda
1-1/2 tsp salt
3/4 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
3/4 cup strong brewed coffee, room temperature (I used instant decaf for this since I don't drink coffee)
1/2 cup plus 1 tbsp buttermilk (I don't normally carry buttermilk on hand so I put 1 tbsp of vinegar into 1 cup 2% milk and let stand until ready to use)
1. In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs and vanilla (I added the eggs one at a time).
2. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt, baking powder and cinnamon into a separate bowl.
3. Mix the wet ingredients (buttermilk and coffee) alternately with the dry ingredients to your creamed mixture. Until mixed well - please note you may need a little extra milk if the batter appears too dry. (I added about a 1/4 cup extra milk (non buttermilk) to the mix).
4. line your cupcake trays with paper liners or spray with cooking spray and fill with batter. Bake at 350° F for 18-20 minuets or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minuets before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
5. Once cupcakes are cool frost with your favorite frosting.