Tuesday, February 26, 2008

{It's the little things}

Today was a nice slow and quiet day - well for the most part it was - and that's what I am going to focus on.

William watched Ruth so that I could curl up in the nice warm bed and get some much needed sleep after I got the boys on their bus. I woke up refreshed and ready to pick up Sam - he gets out of school early because he's in the pre-k program. He was full of energy and jumped down all the stairs of the bus with a BIG grin on his face and after he turned and waved to his bus driver he was off jumping in every mud puddle in the parking lot of the complex. It was fun to watch and brightened my day immensely.

After the kids had a nice lunch it was time for quiet time. Of course Sam and Ruth usually fight me on this but today they didn't. Which was really nice for a change. They each took their respective naps and William and I took a quick nap too - we woke before they did, but it was refreshing and something we both have been needing. Of course I had too much sleep and I am still awake but that's ok.

After getting Aaron off his bus at the end of the school day I got the pleasure of watching "Once upon a forest" with the kids - a very cute cartoon movie that had a great story line. It's not new and you can find it at your local movie rental place in the family/children's section. It was nice to curl up with the kids and William and enjoy a nice movie together without feeling pressured to keep everyone in line.


Today overall was a good day and I found out the kids bunk beds will be delivered Thursday. I think they are ready to be in the same room again. At least I hope they are.

Anywho, I better be getting to bed. Hope you all have a great day tomorrow - I am preparing for a newborn session - well not really a newborn session as the baby is now almost a month old - but it should still be pretty fun.

0 wonderful person(s) commented:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...