Wednesday, April 25, 2012

{egg bacon toast cups}

I found a great recipe for eggs toast and bacon on Pinterest and decided I was going to have to try it myself. Mind you I didn't have any bacon thawed so I just used canadian bacon and let me just say it was a huge hit with my kids and hubby. Next time though I think I am going to put cooked broken bacon on the inside next time or the canadian bacon on top so it can crisp up a little.



egg, bacon toast cups
(modified from Martha Stewart website)

Ingredients:

6 or 12 cup muffin tin
rolling pin
large round cookie cutter (mine was about 4" across)
1 egg per muffin tin
1 slice of bacon/canadian bacon per tin (bacon cooked before hand)
bread 1 slice per tin
butter

Directions: 

Preheat oven to 350°. Next take a little bit of butter on a paper towel or use your fingers and butter the muffin tin. 

Next use your rolling pin to roll your bread a little flat, then take your cookie cutter and cut out your bread.

Take some butter and butter one side of the bread - unbuttered side goes against the the muffin tin. fit the bread into the muffin tin, making sure to press it around and flat against the sides.

Next take cooked bacon or canadian bacon and place inside the bread cup. Then crack an egg on top.

Now place the muffin tin in the oven on the middle rack for 15-25 minuets depending on how runny you want your yoke. I cooked mine for about 18-20 min for a cooked egg white but slightly runny yokes.

0 wonderful person(s) commented:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...