Friday, August 10, 2012

{Made it Myself: Coleslaw}

I am loving pinterest but when I typed in "coleslaw" a whole slew of recipes popped up. I have never made coleslaw but had most of the ingredients on hand and wanted to try my hand at it. I took the recipe found at Kayotic Kitchen and tweaked it for what I had on hand.

image taken w/cell phone of my slaw...big hit at the family gathering!

Coleslaw

Slaw ingredients: 1 medium size head of cabbage, 2 medium carrots, 1 medium white onion and 1/2 cup of dried cranberries (craisins) *optional.

directions for slaw: I used my mandolin to slice the cabbage and onion thin and used a regular box grater to grate the carrots and just threw in the craisins and just tossed everything together until it was well distributed.

Dressing ingredients: 2 tbsp sugar, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper, 2 tbsp milk, 7 tbsp mayo, 3 tbsp buttermilk, 3 tbsp dijon mustard, 2 tbsp lemon juice, 1/2 tsp garlic powder w/parsley *optional

directions for dressing: mix all the ingredients for the dressing into a small mixing bowl until smooth

Combine the slaw with the dressing and mix until well coated and put in the fridge for about an hour then serve.

I was really impressed with myself for having never made slaw before. It was so easy and everyone enjoyed it.

0 wonderful person(s) commented:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...