Wednesday, August 11, 2010

{27 weeks}

I can't believe it! I am in the 27th week! By some accounts I am at the end of my 2nd trimester but by others I am in my 3rd trimester - all I know is that I am super happy that we have made it this far, especially  with all the problems with the last pregnancies.


MJ is moving like crazy and she is usually moving most at night, keeping me from sleeping, but I don't mind. William and Ruth both have found ways to wake her in the mornings to get her to move, (they do this by shaking my belly and pushing lightly on my belly button) poor MJ, can't a girl get some peace...lol


Ruth went with me to my latest OB appointment and she loved it! My doctor was hilarious and made her feel apart of the appointment. She was tickled pink that she got to hear the swooshing of MJ's heart, she said it sounded exactly like I told her it would. 


My doctor is happy with my progress and according to his scale (which I love much more then mine) said I am down by 17 lbs!! (WHOO HOO) and my urine wasn't concentrated and was considered "passable", gotta love that! 


We are hoping to find a house to buy before MJ makes her arrival and it's been an interesting and much easier journey. We are super excited to finally be at this step and hope that we can find what we are looking for before MJ gets here. I wanna be all settled before she comes, I am keeping my fingers crossed that it happens the way I want.


The kids are going to start home schooling via the K12 program as of September 1st! They just got all their books and computer and now I need to figure out how to work it all out and how the schedule will be for us and what will work best for us and all the planning and such too...The kids are excited about it and since the computer arrived they are wanting to start now but unfortunately they have to wait.


(image found at pregnancy: mom & baby)




Anywho, enough about that and onto the following, it was taken from Baby center:


This week, your baby weighs almost 2 pounds (like a head of cauliflower) and is about 14 1/2 inches long with her legs extended. She's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing her eyes, and perhaps even sucking her fingers. With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now. While her lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if she were to be born now. Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don't bother her, so just relax and enjoy the tickle.


The second trimester is drawing to a close, but as your body gears up for the final lap, you may start noticing some new symptoms. Along with an aching back, for example, you may find that your leg muscles cramp up now and then. They're carrying extra weight, after all, and your expanding uterus is putting pressure on the veins that return blood from your legs to your heart as well as on the nerves leading from your trunk to your legs. Unfortunately, the cramps may get worse as your pregnancy progresses. Leg cramps are more common at night but can also happen during the day. When a cramp strikes, stretching the calf muscle should give you some relief. Straighten your leg and then gently flex your toes back toward your shin. Walking for a few minutes or massaging your calf sometimes helps, too.

It may be the furthest thing from your mind right now, but it's not too soon to think about 
family planning. You'll want to have made some decisions about postpartum birth control before your baby arrives. If you're considering a tubal ligation, be aware that most states require you to sign a consent form at least 30 days beforehand. So if you'd like the option of having the surgery during your postpartum hospital stay, don't wait too much longer to discuss it with your caregiver. (You can still change your mind later.)



0 wonderful person(s) commented:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...