Friday, August 6, 2010

{Magic Chocolate Cake}

I have been looking for recipes and came across this delightful chocolate cake over at Salsa Pie and I loved that it didn't include milk or eggs, since I didn't have either one in my fridge at the time and wanted something sweet. I did however have everything else! I made it up for our weekly game night and it was yummy!! I got great reviews on it and the best part about this recipe is that the cake isn't too sweet!!

This is a great recipe for those who have allergies to dairy or eggs because it doesn't have any milk or eggs. (redundant I know!)


Magic Chocolate Cake
(found at Salsa pie)

Ingredients:
1-1/2 cups unbleached flour
3/4 cup sugar or other sweetener
1/2 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Baking soda
3-4 tablespoons cocoa powder (I used 4)
1 tsp. vanilla
1/3 cup vegetable oil (or applesauce. I used oil)
1 tablespoon vinegar
1 cup cold water

Directions: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Combine the flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, and cocoa powder in a bowl and stir with a fork until mixed. Make a well in the center and add the vanilla, oil, vinegar, and water. Stir with a fork until well mixed. Spray your pan with cooking spray. Pour into a 9x9-inch baking dish, or cupcake pan, or bundt pan, (I used my grandmothers shell mold pan) and bake in the preheated oven for approximately 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

Allow to cool at least 10 minutes before you turn onto a plate. I think if you turn this little guy onto a cookie rack for cooling it might be too crumbly.



Photobucket
(I took it out a bit too early so I got a little bit of sticking)

Photobucket
(but add some powdered sugar and the blemish goes away!)

0 wonderful person(s) commented:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...