Saturday, February 26, 2011

{Pneumonia & Influenza B}

Ruth never had Influenza B but she does have pneumonia though - found out not from the ER doc who saw her last saturday (he figured 'cause MJ had it that Ruth did too) and not from her pediatrician  this past Wednesday but from the ER doc at St. Luke's in Boise who saw Ruth that Wednesday night (with all the kids in tow might I add) and they admitted her and it was just today that they let us go home...

So there won't be a weigh in for me (although I gained weight from last week) but I am going to take the rest of this month off from weighing in and worrying about my weight because I have little ones who need my attention instead...

Below are some snaps taken with my hubby's galaxy tablet that I brought with me to help pass the time when the girls were sleeping and so I could get online and keep every one up to date via Facebook. MJ was the only one allowed to stay with me in the hospital room because I am still breastfeeding & William stayed home and watched the boys and made sure they got to school while we were gone...

Ruth was given that big ol' bear and they made sure she had lots of toys to play with while she was confined to her bed.

and it made her day when her daddy showed up with grandpa because she was missin' him something fierce!! Daddy that is...

MJ was enjoying her time with grandpa who had to keep his distance from Ruth so as not to infect Kitty with pneumonia as she is susceptible. I just love that they both have the same "sad" face.

After daddy left, the star wars crew came by to visit - they couldn't come in 'cause we were under "quarantine" (due to MJ's Influenza B and Ruth's pneumonia) but she knew the boys would "be sooo jealous" that she got to see them! 

"The evil Moose" made Ruth and I laugh! Thank you Anthony & Laura for coming and cheering us up and bringing me some much needed ice tea!! Your visit was much needed and I needed the laughter! You really uplifted my spirit with your visit!

While Ruth slept MJ kept me company that first night.


Ruth played tea party with her bear (and then again with both bears (she got one from laura & anthony)).

These were taken the morning before we found out we were leaving!!

YAY!! We are going home!!

We are so grateful for all the prayers and well wishes we received while we were at the hospital with Ruth. Before we left they did a second XRAY and found that her lung is getting better and not worse so that is huge! She will be on antibiotics for the next 8 days and then it will take up to a month for her lung to heal properly - I was told she will be contagious for a few more weeks (at least until her cough is gone).

MJ is doing well, has a nasty little cough and congestion but no fever anymore but because she had a fever 24 hours before her 4 month well baby check up she has to wait to get shots til monday.  MJ is 25" long and weighed in at a whopping 14 lbs 9 ozs! she is in the 75th percentile for weight "even with her illness" as her pediatrician said.

So there it is, I have a house full of sickies and some are more sick then others - I am praying I don't get it but due to being run down myself I can feel the bug trying to take hold of me - hoping it waits til all my littles are feeling better so I can be sick in


  1. Whew! What a week! Glad you're all home and on the mend. I love the star wars guys and I keep thinking how cool it would be to dress up like that and go around making kids smile!

  2. I'm retired and I had kind of forgotten about the sick children sorry for you, but seems like you held up well...hope everything is much better by now. Hugs

  3. Hi Arya!
    I hopped over to get the link to your blog and saw what had happened with the family! Poor little ones. That was scary for Ruth! I also had pnuemonia and still have a lingering little cough caused by a surprise tickle. Glad you are all on the mend.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...