Sunday, November 13, 2011

{New Ring & Self Portraits}

I have some Zuppa Soup cooking in my crockpot and I just pulled out some Parmesan crusted rolls out of the oven and now I can just sit and relax for a moment and blog. Of course I don't really have much to blog about, life is what it is - I am struggling with my weight and my health and have been for over a year BUT I am trying to look on the bright side of things.

I was able to get to church this morning and earlier this week my new wedding set came (nothing fancy or expensive, just more me). It's perfect and it doesn't catch on anything (not even Myrna) and it fits my personality much better. It's Sterling Silver w/cubic zirconia stones all around and it didn't cost much at all. I also got it not only for me but because I was tired of the "looks" I would get when I didn't have a ring on my finger and had all the kids with me. I know it's probably not real (the looks I mean) but now I don't have to wonder...They can clearly see now that I am married.

After church, I was feeling good and so I took some self portraits with my little workhorse. I want to cut my hair but Ruth says she likes it longer so I think I will keep it long til summer comes around...

Below are the recipes for the Zuppa soup and the rolls - both I found on blogs in my blog roll but I couldn't say for sure which one as I forgot to put where I found them...



Zuppa Tuscana Soup

1lb pork sausage
1 small onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
6 slices bacon (optional)—I added what was left after my kids ate most of it
6 cups chicken broth (I used boxed broth and chicken bouillon with water)
4 potatoes, peeled and sliced
2 cups chopped kale
1 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
1 cup cream
pepper to taste

Brown sausage with onion (add garlic the last couple of minutes. Drain if needed. Cook potatoes and kale in broth till tender. Add sausage, Italian seasoning, and cream and heat through. Add pepper to taste.

Parmesan Dinner Rolls

For the Dough
1 cup warm water
1 cup warm milk 
1/3 cup sugar
2 1/4 teaspoon (1 pack) yeast
1/3 cup oil (I used veggie oil)
1 T salt
1 egg
4 1/2 to 5 1/2 cups all purpose flour

For the Topping
1/2 cup parmesan
1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
2 T butter
1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
1 egg white
 
Directions: 
In mixer combine yeast, sugar, and warm water and milk; let bubble for about 5 minutes. 

Add in oil and egg. 

Slowly add 2 cups flour, mix and then add salt. 

Add 1/2 cup flour at a time until it comes away from side of bowl. Add the cinnamon chips when it gets close to the right consistency. The dough will be very sticky but the softer the dough the lighter the bread. So use the least amount of flour you can handle. 

Let rise in mixing bowl for about 30 minutes. 

Form in to rolls (pulling sides under, tucking the sides and and pinching into balls )

Let rise and additional 30 minutes. 

Melt butter and let cool. Beat egg white and combine with the rest of the topping ingredients. Press combination onto the top of each roll.

Bake at 400 degrees for 12-20 minutes. Cover with foil if the topping is getting to brown.
 Makes 16-32 rolls (depending on size)



My fingers look so old - up close that is



My messed up guest bed in the background...lol



This one is my favorite of me...I may just get this framed.


1 comment:

  1. That one you said is for favorite is very pretty! And your ring is gorgeous. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...