Friday, November 11, 2011

{Teacups}

I am going to be making some sculpted fairies that will sit inside some paper mache teacups. I found the pattern for the teacups on Ann Woods blog. She is a wonderful artist and I am very grateful that she took the time to share how to make these lovely teacups. She spent a long time trying to figure out and perfect her pattern design.

The smaller cup is from the pattern as is from Ann's template the larger cup is the one I enlarged slightly so that I could have a bigger cup for my sitting fairies - both are super cute though.





Ann's pattern was a bit small for me (making a teacup approximately 2" high and 3" across the mouth of the teacup) so I enlarged it a smidge, making my teacups approximately 3" high and 4" across the mouth of the teacup. Now they are the perfect size for the little fairies I intend to sculpt and have sitting inside the teacups for Ruth's fairy tea birthday party.

These still need a light paint wash over them but I love how they look now and wanted to share

0 wonderful person(s) commented:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...