Tuesday, January 13, 2009

{Settled}

I think I have finally got the header that works for this blog...lots of time in photoshop trying & creating different headers. I think the one above is me. What do you think?

Anywho, enough about the new blog - such old news, right? Onto more important stuff - like my life....

Yesterday, William came with me to pick up Sam from school. Instead of me getting out of the car William went. You should have seen Sam's face light up when he saw his daddy was picking him up. It just warmed my heart and almost made me cry. (yes, almost)

I really need to get a good point and shoot camera for just in the car so I can capture those moments of pure delight without anyone knowing and with a quick snap of the button.

Last night for dinner, I copped out and made "sloppy joe's" with canned sauce instead of making my own - at least I can say I used ground turkey - does that make it more healthy? or not?

Tonight I am going to make chicken noodle soup. It seems to be a big hit with everyone and I can make alot of it, so everyone will be satisfied. Unless the kids only pick out the chicken and don't eat the rest....*sigh*

What are some kid friendly recipes you may have that your kids just eat up?

2 comments:

  1. I like the new layout!

    And I have a recipe that one of my girlfriends gave me when I got married to the kid's dad. As a disclaimer - don't judge the taste by the title. I didn't think I liked Spam. Everyone I tell about it says "Spam?" with disdain - until they eat it. All my kids have asked for the recipe when they moved out. Here it is:

    Spam and Rice

    1 ½ C. Rice
    2 Tbsp oil
    1 tsp salt
    1 onion (Chopped)
    3-4 stalks of celery (Chopped)
    3 C. Hot water
    1 can Spam

    Put oil in a fry pan that you have a lid to, heat over medium high heat. Add rice and brown the rice in the oil. Add vegetables and cook until onions turn translucent. Add hot water, cover and turn down heat to simmer. Allow to cook until water is absorbed and rice is tender – 20 minutes approximately.

    While it is cooking, open Spam and cut into mini cubes. I lay the block of Spam down on it’s widest side and cut it into four slices. I then stand it up and cut through those four slices two times. You should then have twelve “columns.” I then cut across those, making ¼-1/2 inch cubes. You can do it any way you want. But the more cubes you get – the better. You place the cubes in a small fry pan and cook them until they are brown and crispy. I drain the fat when they are done. Add to cooked rice, mix in and serve.

    It's rather like pork-fried rice. Serve with soy sauce, if desired. I like the rice so well, I use it as a side dish with other meals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to post this recipe! My family loves it, it's super cheap, and very easy. I've made it for some that are skeptical, and they loved too. We use it as a main dish.

    It's a must try!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...