Tuesday, January 27, 2009

{Uninvited guest}

Last night while playing D&D (aka - Dungeons and Dragons) I know what the perception of D&D is...EVIL - it's not. It's just about using your imagination and the only game that kept hubby sane while serving in Iraq.

Hubby has created the world we are playing in, no we don't dress up - those are live action roll players (larpers) and I am not interested in that. Hubby also creates the story line we follow - mostly it reminds me of those choose your own adventure books. It's all about choices and what happens because of those choices - ya know like in real life.

It's really quite entertaining and since Hubby got back from Iraq he hasn't been able to write like he would like, so he has found a creative way to get his juices flowing again by creating plot lines and background & history stories to his newly created world!

Here are some snaps taken during our game last night with the little kodak point and shoot camera. We had a rather interesting visit from a jumping spider...(Sarah look away - he was sooo big...lol)...ENJOY!


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I think it is cool that you guys play D&D. My husband and I are too lazy to be creative with plots and stuff, so we just play warcraft together. Yeah, not your typical date night activity in the lds community, but it works for us. :)
    those jumping spiders freak me out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to learn how to play D&D. I suck in live role play, but I like dressing up :-)
    I'm happy to hear your hubby is back from Iraq and that there's something he can do. I hope he can start writing soon again :-)
    And I have never seen a spider like that... my hubby would go mad. He doesn't like spiders. I think it's cute with leopard print 8-) But I think I'd jump too if I'd ever see a spider that big. Here a spider that covers your fingernail is a big one LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool, I can't believe the shot you got of the spider. I'm glad you guys let him play too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...