Monday, February 8, 2010

{Kids & my Find}

I had a great day today, even though I was still hacking up my lung and Sam faked being sick to come home early only to throw a mini melt down after I got Aaron from school, but it was still a good day because I went out in search of a dresser for William & I's room. I wanted something with character and a mirror, something timeless and yet sophisticated and did I mention I wanted it to have curves!

Well guess what! I found exactly what I was looking for at the local St. Vincent's second hand store. It's a cool store and they had exactly what I wanted. See the curves! 


Photobucket
(sorry about the bad product photography, I am better at people then things)

I am going to paint it black and change the color of the handles to more of a pewter so that it fits better into what I want my room to look like. I can't wait to go out and get the paint!

I finally got a few pictures of Sam and his two missing teeth and of course I got pictures of ALL the kids acting silly and dramatic. They sure are growing fast. I can't believe it's been eight years since we brought Aaron home from the hospital, it seem just like yesterday. Now I have three growing kids and for each one it seems like just a moment ago I was bringing each home from the hospital. My, how time flies!


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. WOW! Great find on the dresser-it will look amazing black! And as always you have the cutest kids...well not as cute as mine...but they rank up there pretty high on the cuteness scale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great dresser...are you going to use spray paint? I have heard the trick is to sand first with ultra fine sand paper....I look forward to seeing the end product. What are you using for light for your kids photos? Are you bouncing a SB-something off the ceiling?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used bounced flash with my sb600 part of them were off a wall behind me and the others were off where the ceiling and wall meet.

    I am going to use spray paint and will use fine sandpaper to prime the surface for paint. I like the spray paint better then painting because there are no brush strokes left on the finished piece. It's going to be a project I will tackle this summer when it's not so cold.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the dresser. Can't wait to see the finished project. I do love a good deal! The missing teeth are so stinking cute! I remember those days with my girls. Be blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love the dresser, and the pics! Hope you kick that cold soon and are back to normal!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...