Thursday, February 26, 2009

{Are you on a Budget?}

Are you on a budget when it comes to groceries for your family? Well I am. I am constantly looking for ways to provide good nutritious food for my family of 6 (my uncle eats dinner with us), without going over my alloted amount of grocery money.

I recently started planning out my meals for the month so that I would know what I would need and that has HELPED a ton and helped save us money during the month. I scower the internet and blogs (I have several in the sidebar that I "stalk" for new recipes) looking for new recipes to help my "bean & rice" budget feel more like a "steak & lobster" budget.

I found $5 dinners yesterday while browsing Angie's blog (THANK YOU ANGIE). It has lots of recipes (mostly serving 4 but easily adapted for a larger family) for $5 or less. Many of which I can't wait to try!

Kara's blog has some wonderful recipes that I can't wait to try out too, like her outback chicken & her recipe for Macaroni Grill Bread. And that's just to name a few, she has loads of easy recipes that I am going to incorporate into my March menu.

There are a few more that I frequent quite regularly like The Brighton Kitchen which has some yummy recipes like The fudge pudding cake.

I can't wait to find out what I save this month trying out some of the yummy recipes I have found so far. Thanks again Angie for sharing the $5 meal blog. It is going to really help my budget stretch just a little bit farther.

4 comments:

  1. This is just what I was looking for too! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to plan my meals out for the whole month back when Jared only got paid once a month. I haven't done it that way in a LONG time. It saved time, money, and the stress. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool post. I used to like to cook "Once a Month" or at least weekly. By spending a couple of hours on Sat. cooking up ground beef etc. and getting ready for the week. Worked for me and kept me on track during the week.
    I enjoyed your day planner too great resource to share.
    I hope Have a blessed weekend.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  4. gotta run but I stopped at the $5.00 dinners you mentioned and then went from there to 365 crockpot it was really cool found some great ideas. Thanks for sharing
    Off to food bank now many blessings,
    sherry

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...