Thursday, February 5, 2009

{Jumpin' Spider}

We found a jumping spider hanging out on the dogs water dispenser. He was quite larger then some of the jumping spiders we have seen this winter. I don't have a problem with jumping spiders - other spiders I can't stand. (I know double standard...lol) Anywho, while Ruth and William were enjoying the spider and discussing the spider and what name he should have I whipped out my camera and snapped a few images before we let the spider go hang out in a window to catch other spiders and nasty bugs. They are better then a fly strip any day!

Besides that, I like that jumping spiders show alot of personality when you stare at them. They have excellent eye sight and they just make me giggle. not sure why, they just do.

Enjoy!!


Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket


1 comment:

  1. I'm the same way. Jumping spiders fascinate me, and I love their guts-i-ness. I've tried to scoot them out of the way, and had them face me down and refuse to budge.

    They just don't freak me out like other spiders. I don't want them CRAWLING on me, like in the picture, but they won't creep me out like a daddy long legs, or totally freak me out like big wood spiders (like Wolf spiders). *shudder*.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...