Wednesday, May 6, 2009

{Happy Mother's Day}

Dictionary Definition of Mother:
1. A female person who is pregnant with or gives birth to a child.
2. A female person whose egg unites with a sperm, resulting in the conception of a child.
3. A woman who adopts a child.
4. A woman who raises a child.

My Definition of Mother:
1. woman who brought me into this world.
2. writer/poet
3. compassionate and loving
4. strong yet caring
5. friend and confidant
6. matriarch of the family
7. "nana" to my children
8. and Mom to me!

I just want to say give a big THANK YOU to my mom for the handmade unicorn cake, taking the time to listen, kissing my boo-boo's, reminding me who I am, being my friend, supporting me when I brought your grandbabies into the world, letting me know you remembered my birthday when I thought no one had, being a shoulder to cry on, laughing with me and sometimes at me, being a great mom & Nana, showing me how to be a good wife & mom, sharing your wisdom even when I don't ask for it, driving the Uhaul to make our move a bit easier, being close even when your so far away and just because you are my MOM and YOU ROCK!

Thank you for being an awesome mom when I know how many don't know the awesome gift of a great mom! Thank you for being a there when I need you and when I don't realize I do. YOU ROCK as Nana and are loved and cherished as Mom, Mother, Wife, Sister and daughter. You are amazing and strong, compassionate and loving and always a guiding light. Thank you for being you and my MOM!

Happy Mother's day to my MOM and everyone else who holds the title of "Mom".


Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket


1 comment:

  1. Very thoughtful post Arya. I love that you have so much love for you mom. She was a great example to you I can tell. It rubbed off too :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...