Friday, December 19, 2008

{Christmas Tag}

Welcome to the Christmas edition of getting to know your friends. Okay, here's what you're supposed to do, & try not to be a SCROOGE! Copy this entire post & paste onto your own new post! Change all the answers so they apply to you. Then tag a bunch of people you know....Tis the Season to be NICE!


1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I like wrapping paper - it can be fun & simple or even homemade - I think gift bags are good for somethings but mostly I prefer the paper.

2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial. I love it, it's pre-lit w/white lights and it works for us, no fuss or muss.

3. When do you put up the tree? Usually the day after Thanksgiving but this year not until after the first of December because I had to find and clear a space for it in the house.

4. When do you take the tree down? Right after Christmas because then we have to get ready for Ruth's bday on the 27th & the tree usually doesn't work into the girly decorations.


5. Do you like Egg Nog?
No, but hubby does and he w/the kids help drink tons until they don't sell it anymore or we can't find it.


6. Favorite gift received as a child?
A purple popple. It was a bank too but could also be rolled into a ball using it's pocket - it was part of some tv show. I also remember a crocheted doll my great grandma made for me one Christmas, it was white and lovely, she made one for Tanis too but hers was red.


7. Hardest person to buy for?
No one really. I keep it simple and usually homemade.


8. Easiest person to buy for?
The kids, they are usually happy with anything we get them.


9. Do you have a nativity scene?
I used to but Ruth used the small figures one day and broke all but baby Jesus - not on purpose she was only a little over a year. I do have my grams set out this Christmas I will get my own set sometime - probably a nice shabby chic wooden one that can't be broken.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail, it's the one time of the year I actually send out REAL mail to family and friends and take the time to write up a newsletter or make up a special card. I email all the time and want my Christmas letters to be more special and personal then email.


11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
I don't think I have ever received a bad gift - at least none that I can recall.


12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
"It's a wonderful life" w/Jimmy Stewart. It's not Christmas without watching that and "How the Grinch stole Christmas" - the animated version not the live action (that one is just creepy & a bit scary)


13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
Every chance I get and when there is a sale. I have a limited amount I spend and I have to make it stretch so I shop all year long and I am usually done before Thanksgiving.


14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
No. But I have recycled free items that I have gotten in contests and such.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? It's never been about the food but the family time. Every time family gets together it always involves good food.


16. Lights on the tree?
I like white, it's clean and not so busy.


17. Favorite Christmas song?
"One King" by Point of Grace - but I have lots others too.


18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
Both, this year we stayed home but that's because we just moved here, next year we will travel (we hope).


19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
Most of them, but sometimes I need help.


20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
a pretty blue/gold star.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Open Christmas morning.


22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
The idea that you have to buy buy buy to make everyone happy on Christmas and I hate that Jesus has been mostly forgotten and Santa Claus has taken over and the fact that most Christmas cards don't say Christmas....I could go on and on.


23. Favorite ornament theme or color?
I like snowmen, nativities and unusal ornaments. But my favorite decoration is my grams "3 kings".

24. Favorite Christmas dinner? One that is spent with family, love & laughter. The food doesn't matter.


25. What do you want for Christmas this year?
That my dad and his wife would be here for Christmas since they were not with us for Thanksgiving. AND that the rest of my family has a wonderful Christmas even though I won't be there this year AND that Trent gets a great welcome home.


I tag anyone who reads this - you know who you are.

0 wonderful person(s) commented:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...