Friday, March 27, 2009

{bill HR 875 & bill S 425}

I read about these two bills over at Jan's blog.

These bills have some red flags that Jan points out:
(below wording taken from her blog)

• Effectively criminalizes organic farming but doesn't actually use the word organic.

• Effects anyone growing food even if they are not selling it but consuming it. (gardening)

• Effects anyone producing meat of any kind including wild game. (we raise chickens and have an organic garden every year and awesome fresh eggs and I love farmers markets - this will all be affected)

• Legislation is so broad based that every aspect of growing or producing food can be made illegal. There are no specifics which is bizarre considering how long the legislation is.


On Alex's blog "Leave my food alone", he talks about the same topic and click HERE to sign the petition.

Believe me I am all for food safety, but really does that give the government the right to take away my RIGHT to be self sufficient and grow my own food?

0 wonderful person(s) commented:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...