Friday, March 13, 2009

{Positive spin}

Since the time change (ugh) I have been blessed with some beautiful mornings while driving the kids to school this week. I would drive towards the school and watch the moon set while in my rear view mirror I could see the start of the sun rising. On my way back home I would see the sun start rising over the "mountains". It really has been a pleasant surprise to me since I now have to force myself awake in the mornings. It really has been my reward for waking in the morning (I know I would have to but I am trying to look at the positive instead of whining about how the alarm screeches and startles me out of my dreams...lol)

We paid off our car! It's officially ours - well it will be when we get the title at the end of the month. I am super excited! we will be saving a little over $300 a month because we got it paid off early! We are slowly but surely getting our debt paid off so we can start saving up for a house. We are hoping that by the end of the year we will have everything paid off!! I am excited to think of that possibility of no more payments except for the basic stuff (rent, utilities & food). We want to save for a year before we start looking for a house, so by 2011 we should be homeowners! At least that is the plan.

Have I mentioned that within the next few months we will be actively trying for baby number 4? I have decided that I am still going to work on my weight but I also don't want start having a baby after I turn 30. (not that having a baby after 30 is bad, it's not. I just want to be done by the time I am 30 - being preggers that is).

Life is getting exciting - don't you think? I know I think it is - even with all the stress of the retirement non-sense that we are dealing with and the banks being silly about other things - I just have no control over their hang-ups and just have to stay positive about the things that matter. Yes, I do get stressed with all the non-sense and ridiculousness that I am currently facing but I am trying to just let it go (note I used trying, today I am succeeding but yesterday I failed. One day at a time, right?)

The blogs I read on a daily basis really have helped me keep my perspective and help me focus on the good things in my life. When I look back, our life has been blessed and I know the Lord is here with us. Sometimes, when I am in the thick of it I don't see it right away, but he truly is here, and that is a great blessing - just knowing he cares and loves us - guiding our way.

I hope you see the blessings he has given you. I know I see them when I read your blogs. Thank you all for inspiring me to be a better person and see him in my own life on a daily basis.

2 comments:

  1. You have had some blessings! And I like that you're seeing the positive in the time change. Congrats on getting your car paid off and working on being debt free! That is really fantastic! And also good luck on baby #4. How exciting. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great about your car. Woo Hoo....

    I know what you mean so deeply. I think it is great to focus on the postitives and create that safe haven of peace for your family and self. The Lord is truly there.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...