Tuesday, March 17, 2009

{Movie Review}

Last night I watched these two movies with my Uncle & my Hubby! I wasn't sure if I would like either. I thought "What happened in Vegas" was going to be sappy and ridiculously over the top and I thought "Miss Pettigrew lives for a day" was going to be boring but had heard good reviews of both so I added them to my netflix list.

Photobucket



it was a tried and true formula that reminded me of several other "chick" flick, like "how to lose a guy in 10 days" to name one. I must say though it was full of fun, laughter, sobriety and romance. Yes, you know whats going to happen and how it will end but it didn't stop me from enjoying this one. Even hubby & Uncle liked it! This is one that I could watch again.

Photobucket



So funny and yes, another "chick" flick but it wasn't a waste of time either. It's a period piece set in the 1940's I believe, (sometime before the war broke out with Germany). sappy and predictable but a hoot none the less. well worth watching again. Even the guys liked it!

and now for something completely different!!

Photobucket


Do you remember the Thundercats? I grew up watching them as a kid and now I have introduced them to my own children. I have grown tired of the cartoons of today, they are all fight and no morality. Most of the time you don't really know who the bad guy is. I also don't like the animation of today's series they all look the same. So I have been going back to what I grew up with and introducing them to the kids. Thundercats being one of them.

You know what, they didn't hate them, THEY LOVED THEM!! along with Dungeons & Dragons and Heman. If you ever feel the need for a change, get the oldies but goodies out (yes, they come on DVD now too!) and share them with your kids, you just might be surprised!

2 comments:

  1. My girls love the old Pink Panther cartoons. Thanks for the movie reviews. I would love to find an evening to enjoy a movie, and I love a good chick flick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thundercats!? WOW haven't seen them in a long while..lol. I too liked the Vegas and Mrs Pedigrew movies. Mrs. Pedigrew was my favorite though so romantic in the end.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...