Monday, March 30, 2009

{Painted Miniatures by ME}

That's right, I painted these miniatures. I know a few you have seen but I figured I got them all retouched and varnished (shiny) that I wanted to show them off. I know they are not perfect but they were fun to paint. (I loved how saucy and hilarious some of the miniatures are. You will see what I mean below.

Today we went to the hobby shop and got more miniatures and more colors to paint with. Let me tell you what, this hobby is becoming more and more fun and we have been saving money by only getting miniatures that are 50% off so the max amount we are spending per miniature is about $3. We won't pay full price for them just yet, I wanna get better before tackling full price miniatures.



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket




Tomorrow the boys go back to school (yeah!!). We had fun over spring break but they are tired of me and have been acting out. They are more excited for spring break to be over then I am. We have been having fun, playing outside (when it wasn't so darn cold from the harsh winds or rain). The kids painted, explored for buried treasure in the yard (you should see all the holes out back) and going to the park.

The boys have gotten into the star wars miniatures and we have been indulging them as they want to build up their miniatures as much as daddy has his, and Ruth has been building up her animal collection on each trip to the hobby store.

The boys get so involved in their little star wars world with all the terrain, ships & troopers along with the different aliens too. It's fun to watch. Ruth has either me or daddy play with her, the animals & fairies. They all have such great imaginations. We really haven't had the TV on hardly at all this past week. It's been really nice.


Photobucket


I finished my first book in 2 years, "Redwall" by Brian Jacques. It's a cute little book about a mouse with great courage who rallies everyone to save the abby and stand up to a villainous rat who wants to kill anyone who gets in his way. They made a movie and a series about this book & the many that followed it. I have added them to my netflix list so I can share the story with the kids now and then will share the books with them when they are a bit older and don't mind the book not having pictures in it.


Photobucket


By the way, if you have a good book to recommend please do so. I am always looking for a great read. I have several books that I have enjoyed over the many years. Below are just a few of my favorites that I have read over and over again.

1. "Silken Savage" by Cathrine Heart (a historic romance novel - more story to it) - I have gone thru 3 copies of this book. I have now learned the hard way not to loan this one out.

Photobucket


2. "Montana Sky" by Nora Roberts (a romance novel with story to it) - a gal that I worked with at Walmart in Newport recommended it to me and I have read it more times then I can count. They did make a movie of it but it was lame and not very good.

Photobucket


3. "Faerie Tale" by Raymond E. Feist (great mystery/suspense with a touch of horror mixed in with Irish folk lore)- my mom got me a first edition copy for my 16th birthday.

Photobucket


4. "Imzadi" by Peter David (a star trek the next generation novel that was a great read for me)

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Have you read any Phillipa Gregory books? they are historical fiction about King Henry the VIII. I get really wrapped up in them.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...