Tuesday, May 11, 2010

{14 weeks}


(found online while searching "14 week old fetus")

I am still getting really bad migraines, but I knew that would be par for the course since I get them with every pregnancy but this go around they seem really intense (at least when they hit - and boy do they hit hard). My hips are becoming more and more sore - which I knew would happen too.

My nausea is getting better but smells still set off my gag reflex and if I gag too much I end up running to the nearest bathroom. My boobs are still sore, (not as much but still sore), and they are growing bigger and bigger it seems.

My uterus is growing and is about the middle of my belly button now. I am in my maternity pants 24/7 now because my regular jeans are just not fitting at all (if they were elastic waisted and didn't have a zipper I might be able to get away with it for a bit longer ;o) ).  I am getting to the point where one of my pairs of sweats are not comfortable anymore because of how tight the waist is - the only sweats that fit me are the ones that were too big for me.

I am finding that I am going to have to break down and buy some maternity undies due to all mine are not fitting right and are becoming uncomfortable...*sigh* I never had to with the other pregnancies so it's kind of a sad moment for me...

I did get all the things off my "BIG PURCHASE" list, now I just need to work on the small stuff. I am so glad I know what I will need and know what won't work or be used. That makes my life so much easier!

Everything I bought used. I know I said I wouldn't buy the stroller or carseat used but I found a great deal on one and had it checked out and it's perfect and exactly what I wanted and for a third of what it would cost me to buy them new.

BIG PURCHASE LIST

* Crib (bought used off of craigslist)
* Changing Dresser ( bought used off of craigslist)
* Stroller/carseat combo (bought used off of craigslist)
* Pack n' Play (bought used from "Other Mothers")
* Rocking chair (bought off of craigslist)

SMALL STUFF LIST

* Onsie's in neutral colors (long and short sleeve in 0-3 & 3-6 months)
* Burp Rags (I can make them if I get a sewing machine)
* Wipes (Kirkland brand is the best!)
* Gift cards for Diapers (because I won't know what I will need after my newborn & size one are all gone)
* carseat cover (because jellybean is coming in the fall)
* crib & playpen sheets
* sleepers & sleepsac's (will keep jellybean warm)
* baby bath tub
* swaddle wrap (because I can't ever get it right and these are idiot proof)
* Nursing Cover (for when we go on outings)
* Nursing pillow
* Baby blankets (because you can never have enough)

Really it's not that big of a list and I know I will have it all gotten for when jellybean comes - I mean I have a little over 6 months to get it all done. I realize we are saving up for buying a house too but if I work on getting one or two items a month this list will be knocked out and there will be no worries, (I hope)

Anywho, that's what's going on with me & my pregnancy journey - well this far anyways, I still have a long ways to go!

The  following was taken from "I am Pregnant":


"You are now in your second trimester! Your baby's crown to rump length is 3.2 to 4.5 inches long and he weighs approximately 1 ounce now. Your baby is about the size of the average fist.

Now that you are into your second trimester, you may be starting the best part of your pregnancy. You will probably start to feel more energetic and you may get the `pregnancy glow`. Your uterus is beginning to swell week by week and you can follow its progress by locating the top of the uterus. The position of the top of the uterus will continue to gradually move up your abdomen, from beneath the pubic line to above your navel. Maternity clothes are probably necessary now. You might also experience hemorrhoids, which are painful dilated blood vessels around or inside the anus. 



At this time, your baby's face is becoming more developed. The cheeks and bridge of the nose appear and the ears move from the sides of his neck to much higher on his head. The eyes continue to come closer together. A big development from this week onward is the development of lanugo. Lanugo is the fine hair that grows over almost your entire baby. The hairs grow in whirled patterns that follow the grain of his skin. These patterns later give way to your baby's fingerprints. The lanugo will be shed before birth and replaced by thicker, coarser hairs. Your baby's thyroid gland has matured and starts to produce hormones. If your baby is a boy, the prostate will appear and in baby girls the ovaries descend from the abdomen into the pelvis. 


The embryo`s soft cartilage is now being replaced with ` real` chalk bones. Your baby has eyebrows, but no eyelashes. Fine, light hair also begins to grow."



0 wonderful person(s) commented:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...