Sunday, May 23, 2010

{Seafood Egg roll}

For dinner tonight I decided to try out my hand at making some egg rolls. I saw that my friend, Angie, has been doing it and blogged about it and thought I would give it a try. Mind you I just winged it and it was way easier then I could have imagined and they were a big hit with the family! Which is always a plus when trying something new. I will post the recipe at the end of this post.

I have included pictures of my process as I went along, (please remember I am not a product photographer so these are not the greatest images). I have also included a youtube video showing how towrap an egg roll, which should be helpful.


Next time I am going to try making fruit filled egg rolls - YUMMY!


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



Seafood Egg Roll
(will make a lot of egg rolls)

1/2 lb small cooked shrimp (you can get at any seafood counter)
1 lb crab meat (winco carries Phillips claw meat in the meat department for less then $10 at most 
locations)
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp garlic powder
1 1/2 tsp ground cayenne pepper
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 Tbsp Garlic paste (you can find this in your produce section)
2 - packages of egg roll wrappers (I used the nasoya egg roll wraps - these are found in the produce 
section)
2 - bunches of green onions
1/2 cup grated carrot (I found this already grated in the produce section)
8 whole mushrooms - chopped

Directions: Mix above ingredients well and cover and place in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour (you can do this up to a whole day in advance) this allows the ingredients to mix and blend. 
After setting in the fridge for a bit pull out and add 1 cup of shredded cabbage and mix together. Then start making your egg rolls.
Please note that this is just from memory as I was just tossing in ingredients and the measurements above can be changed to more of your liking. I don't even know how right the measurements were since I just toss things together without using measuring spoons or cups when experimenting.

0 wonderful person(s) commented:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...