Thursday, May 27, 2010

{Light yellow cake)


I have been looking thru my Betty Crocker's picture cookbook today and realized I have never made a cake from scratch and knew I had all the ingredients to made a cake so I thought I would give it a try. 

The cookbook is a reprint of one my grandmother had and used in her kitchen. I just love it!! Her's was a bound book but mine is a touch different with a binder feel to it so the pages all lay flat because of the rings holding all the pages in!

(image found HERE)

Anyway, below is the recipe to the cake recipe I used. It was super easy and even though I baked it a touch too long it's still moist and yummy! Not dry at all!! I really think this recipe would be great for cupcakes! Enjoy!!


Photobucket


Light Yellow Cake
(grease & flour 2 - 9" cake rounds or a 9x13 oblong pan)
Bake at 350º for 30-40 min 
(until toothpick comes out cleanly from center)

Cream together until fluffy - 5/8 cup of soft shortening (add 1/2 butter for flavor) & 1 7/8 cups sugar

Beat in thoroughly to the sugar & shortening mixture - (2) large eggs

Sift together  in a separate bowl - 2 3/4 cup flour, 1 tsp salt, 2 1/2 tsp baking powder

Add the dry ingredients alternating with the wet ingredients below to the creamed mixture:

wet ingredients: 1 1/4 cup milk, 1 1/2 tsp vanilla

Add the mixture to pans and let cook!


0 wonderful person(s) commented:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...