Tuesday, May 18, 2010

{15 weeks}

(found image during bing search 15 week fetus)

The following text is from i am pregnant:

"Your baby's crown-to-rump length is approximately 4 inches and she now weighs approximately 1.75 ounces. Your baby is close to the size of a softball and you can easily tell that you are pregnant now! If you wear maternity clothes or a swimming suit, other people will be able to tell that you are pregnant also. You can probably feel your uterus about three to four inches below your bellybutton. 

Your baby is growing at an amazing rate and looking more like a human every day. Because your baby's skin is so thin, you are able to see blood vessels through the skin. Lanugo hair covers your baby's body, but it will be gone when your baby is born. The hair on the eyebrows and head continues to grow. Some babies are born with little or no hair and others have a head full of hair! If you have an ultrasound at this point, you might be able to see your baby sucking its thumb. Even though the eyes continue to move to the front of the face, they are still widely separated. Your baby's ears look like normal ears and continue to develop externally. The bones that have already formed continue to get harder and retain calcium. The baby is very mobile and flexible at this point. She can bend her arms at the elbows and wrists and she can also make a fist with her hands."

I think my uterus is moving up and down because today it's just below my belly button. I am nauseated and can't brush my tongue because it makes me throw up so when I sneeze my breath makes me gag...I always have mints & gum on hand because I know my foul breath will kill someone if I am not careful...(insert maniacal laugh).

I did switch to my old OB doc in Ontario because I just didn't want to try again with another doc. I may deliver here in Caldwell but if time allows me to drive to Ontario I will deliver there - it all depends on how much time jellybean gives me as to where I will deliver.

I took the nutritionist class today and actually I am glad I did because not only was it a refresher but it also had some info I didn't know - so it was a positive experience as was the diabetes class. Guess it doesn't hurt to get a refresher now and then.

All sorts of food smells have been making me nauseated and I hate it! I think it's due to the progesterone but it could be pregnancy related too, either way it sucks. While on my way to the class this morning I had a hard time not hurling in the car because of the horrific exhaust coming from the vehicle ahead of me. 

My hormones have been outta wack and I am finding my temper to be extremely short - shorter then it should be and I have been trying not to lash out at William or the kids - some days it's hard - very hard. I am hoping that this passes and things can get back some sort of normal until jellybean comes. 

Exercise is helping me and I am trying really hard to eat right and testing my glucose levels have really helped. I know that I need to stay away from mashed potatoes and enchiladas because they make my levels sky rocket (not overly high but still higher then they should be). I think this pregnancy I am going to have to work harder to keep my levels in check then I had to with Ruth because with her I could eat anything really and not have any spikes in my glucose levels but with this one I will have to restrict the types of food I will be able to eat - which is going to suck!

Cravings have been random but mashed potatoes have been at the top of the list and I will not be eating or buying potatoes anymore this pregnancy due to how high they spike my levels. Other then that my levels have been really good.

I know stress has alot to do with how your body copes with glucose so I have been trying to limit my stress - which is hard with my hormones going all over the place...*sigh*  I don't think this pregnancy is going to be as easy as I would have liked.

Anywho, that's all for now. I will have more at next weeks update...

0 wonderful person(s) commented:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...