Sunday, May 9, 2010

{Mothers}



Happy Mother's Day to all the Mother's out there who are seasoned, experienced and soon to be...I hope you are blessed today and all the days of your life.

I want to share a few things I have learned from a few of the Mother's in my own life who made me the Mother I am today.

My Mother taught me that every thing you do has a consequence - be it good or bad. That life can be full of life and laughter. To not sweat the little things and to always remember your family is the world that surrounds you making your circle full and complete. She taught me to cook and that it's ok not to follow the recipe to the letter - it's best to put your own spin on it. She taught me that I don't have to be perfect as long as I own up to my mistakes.




My Grandmother Myrna taught me that there is unconditional love in the world and to get out there and find it. She taught me to never give up and always get up when you fall down.  That bowling is a serious game that you don't need to take seriously. That the simple things in life bring the greatest joy. You don't have to have oodles of money to be happy as long as your surrounded by those you love. Not to let yourself rest too long or you might find your too old to do anything.






My Great-Grandmother Afton, taught me to laugh and love and find the peace that Christ can bring. She taught me the joy of family and how we all need to stick together. She taught me to make homemade noodles and how to color outside the lines. She taught me the love of gardening and the joy of the outdoors.


I also gained a love of Owls from my Great-Grandmother Bea. She also taught me that sacrifice is sometimes necessary and to always stay true to who you are.





I have learned from some of the most loving and beautiful mother's who made me the mother I am today and I hope to continue to learn from their example as I continue to push forward with my own little brood and instill in them the love and joy they can get from life, like I learned from those who taught me.

Happy Mother's day to all you wonderful mother's who make this world special and wonderful and joy to live in!! You all ROCK!!



0 wonderful person(s) commented:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...