Tuesday, April 20, 2010

{11 weeks}


text taken from i am pregnant:

"Your baby continues to grow and is now approximately the size of a large lime! The crown-to-rump length of your developing child is 1.75 to 2.4 inches. The weight of the fetus is approximately 8 grams at this point. The growth of your baby is phenomenal now and your baby's length will double in the next three weeks. The head is grossly out of proportion and is almost half of the baby's length.

You are almost at the end of your first trimester and while changes continue to occur quickly in your baby, they are happening at a slower rate in you. Your uterus has been growing with the fetus inside of it and is now almost big enough to fill your pelvis. Your uterus may be able to be felt in your lower abdomen, above the middle of your pubic bone. You are not able to feel the baby moving inside of you at this time. Some women think that they have felt their baby moving now, but it is either gas or a wrongly dated pregnancy. You might also be noticing changes in your hair, fingernails, or skin around this time. Some women notice an increase in hair growth and nail growth during pregnancy and others lose small amounts of hair. You are burning up calories at a faster rate than you did before you became pregnant! The amount of blood being pumped around your body will increase and you might feel warmer than usual.

This is the last week of the embryonic period. From now on, your baby will be called a fetus. Your baby's fingernails appear this week! External genitalia are beginning to show distinguishing features and the development of male or female will be complete in three weeks. The 
placenta's blood vessels increase to provide your baby with the nutrients and oxygen he needs for continued growth. Your baby's ears are gradually moving from the neck towards the sides of his head. Inside of your baby's abdomen, the intestines are developing. Because the intestines are so large, some of them project into the umbilical cord and they will return to the abdomen within the next week or two. 

At the size of a plumb, your baby is now able to swallow. The urinary system functions. The baby swallows and urinates the amniotic fluid and the fluid is continually replaced. The baby is kicking but the mother cannot feel it yet. All vital organs are formed and, for the most part, function normally. From now on, they will grow in size and efficiency."

I have been able to feel my uterus - it's just below my belly button and makes it hard for me to wear any of my normal pants - between the bloating and such it's been a pain and I did pick up one pair of maternity jeans a few weeks back (for when I go out grocery shopping) but mostly I just wear my sweat pants, (well anything with an elastic waste band).

I have been having horrible reactions to certain types of images, gagging uncontrollably, which sometimes leads to paying homage to the porcelain throne. It's a really weird twist on nausea - I mean I still get nauseated from smells and such but if there is any bodily fluid that doesn't look like water anywhere (be it vomit from people or animals or other iciness) I can't clean it up because then I will add to it. 

If William is playing one of the video games with things popping out of the characters heads I have to leave the room or I will gag horribly, which results in vomiting. It's weird and I didn't have this happen with the other pregnancies, but like they say no pregnancy is the same and it's been so true this go around.

My cravings have been strange too - I have been craving frozen blueberries as well as citrus fruits and apples w/skippy peanutbutter (the only brand that doesn't make me gag) and I only want to drink milk. At least I am not craving sweet stuff anymore because those cravings were hard to resist at times. At least it's all healthy foods I am craving - which is great!

So far 11 weeks down and 29 more to go.  I see my doc in a little over a week and a half and hopefully things are still going smooth and they can hear the heartbeat & I may even get another ultrasound (fingers crossed). The first trimester is almost over!!!

0 wonderful person(s) commented:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...