Wednesday, April 14, 2010

{Julie & Julia}

I just finished watching this movie and was very pleased. I cried & laughed throughout this delightful movie. It was just what I needed. The whole time Tugg laid at my feet while I watched it in the guestroom on netflix. 


I really enjoyed this movie. It was positively a delight & exactly what I needed today. I really enjoyed it and I think you will too. Happy movie watching!






Below is the what was on the back of the movie box:


A frustrated temp secretary (Amy Adams) embarks on a year-long culinary quest to cook all 524 recipes in Julia Child's Mastering the Art of French Cooking. She chronicles her trials and tribulations in a blog that catches on with the food crowd. The film also covers the years Julia Child (Meryl Streep) and her husband Paul (Stanley Tucci) spent in Paris during the 1940s and 1950s, when he was a foreign diplomat who was eventually investigated by Sen. Joseph McCarthy for alleged communist ties.


Below is the trailer:


3 comments:

  1. I just recently watched this and loved it too. Meryl Streep is an amazing actor--how she can just embody a character and you don't even see Meryl Streep anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She did make a good Julia Child's. The acting was great in the movie...except for Julie's husband. He seemed really emotionless. I thought there was a little too much unnecessary sex in it, but that's my newest pet peeve. Movies that through in sex just cause...grrr.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it was cool to see Meryl Streep turn into such a wonderful character - I almost didn't recognize her. She did a great job.

    April that's one of my peeve's too when it comes to movie watching...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...